Learn More About Us
Our Vision is to be known as a mature
Christ-centered church that has established the Kingdom of God through love and service.
Shiloh Baptist Church is committed to growing in relationship with Jesus Christ and maturing as Christians, executing the mandates found in the Great Commission with love: and establishing the Kingdom of God through prayer and our service to the community and world at large.
In April 1932, the church was organized at the home of the late Rev. E. B. Morris. All persons present resolved solemnly to constitute themselves an Independent Church, adopting a Church Covenant and Articles of Faith. The name Shiloh was accepted from Mrs. Bessie Brodie.
In the beginning, worship services were held at the Ben Theater (now St. Luke Church), 4th and Central Avenue every Sunday. Having a desire for weekly service, the group rented the old Metropolitan Church building at 9th and Tilghman Streets and move in on Easter Sunday morning 1933.